Hard boiled eggs
- 6 eggs.
- Water as needed.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Put the 6 raw eggs into a pan.
- Cover with room temperature water, there should be enough water to cover the eggs plus about an inch.
- Turn the heat on, and when the water begins to boil, turn it down so it barely simmers.
- Put a lid on and let it simmer for 45 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let it cool gradually sitting on the stove.
- --------- -----------.
- DUTCH OVEN: .
- Clean the fireplace and remove the grate. You will need a flat place to work on. Place the Dutch oven in the fireplace.
- Put the 6 raw eggs in the Dutch oven.
- Cover the eggs with water, you will need enough water to cover the eggs plus about 1 inch.
- Put the lid on the Dutch oven.
- Build a fire on top of the Dutch oven and keep the fire going for about an hour.
- Let the fire go out and allow gradual cooling