- 2 cups flour, finely ground hard red wheat flour or bread flour.
- 10 teaspoons of honey, from a squeeze bottle.
- 3 teaspoons of sugar.
- 3 teaspoons of baking posder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 cup butter.
- 2 real eggs.
- Cooking spray, as needed.
- Use a regular kitchen oven or Coleman Camp oven. Don't try this in a Dutch oven.
- This is different than bread dough.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt sugar and eggs by hand in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix it in and mix by hand for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured board.
- Fold it over and roll it 5 times.
- Roll it out 1/2 of an inch thick.
- Cut into 3 inch squares and cut the squares in half to make triangles.
- Spray cooking oil on the bottom of a teaspoon and use it to make depressions in each scone.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray cooking oil on a cookie sheet.
- Place the scones on the cookie sheet with the depressions up.
- Use a plastic squeeze bottle and squirt honey into each depression.
- Bake for 10 minutes until they are a golden brown.
- Watch them close, because it is easy to burn them.