- 6 eggs, must be real eggs.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup general purpose flour.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- cooking spray.
- USE A COLEMAN CAMP OVEN:
- Separate the egg whites and yokes into two different bowls.
- Thoroughly hand mix all the ingredients except the egg whites.
- Whip the egg whites until hard and stiff, if you have got to whip it by hand it will take a really long time, keep at it until you can hold the bowl upside down and the whipped eggs don't fall out, a hand cranked mixer would be nice if you can get one.
- Get the camp oven to 325 degrees F.
- Fold the hard beaten egg whites in with the other mixed ingredients, simply fold it in and don't beat it in, if you over mix you will force the air out of the egg whites and your cake will wind up flat.
- Spray a 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes.
Use this recipe if you don't have any yeast, baking soda, or baking powder. The whipped egg whites hold air in the batter.